Meet Dr. Silverman
Dr. Silverman has practiced in Miami for over 33 years. He has been involved in creating a non for profit company called Health For Everyone which has given thousands of dollars in free treatment and other services to the poor and elderly in Miami Dade County.
He has made breakthroughs in areas where most chiropractors were not able to do so in the past such as HMO’s and other companies due to his studies on cost effectiveness. He also has created a consulting company to help his colleagues be more cost effective in their treatment and help them better document their results. He has spoken to thousands of Chiropractors world wide on Chiropractic effectiveness. One of his greatest accomplishments was the study he did with the Av-Med Health Plan showing that most hospitalization surgery related to disc problems could be avoided through Chiropractic and adjunctive care. In this study the owner of the Av-Med Health Plan, Herb Davis, M.D., sent his most difficult patients who needed surgery, traction or hospitalization, and the first 30 all got well. As a result no patients were allowed to be hospitalized for back related problems without seeing Dr. Silverman first.
- One of the youngest chiropractors at 23 years old in 1975.
- Built one of the largest chiropractic centers in the United States.
- Became one of the first chiropractors in an HMO in the United States.
- Became the first Chiropractic Director for Av-Med Health Plan.
- Opened the doors for chiropractors in the United States in HMO’s.
- Did study with Av-Med Health Plan which showed chiropractic cost effectiveness in treating disc related problems, reducing hospitalizations, and unnecessary surgeries.
- Spoke at a Florida Medicare continuing Education Seminar on chiropractic documentation and cost effectiveness for the Florida Medicare nurses.
- Was nominated by Governor Martinez to the Board of Chiropractic.
- Was nominated for the Miami heralds Spirit of Excellence Award for his work in the Latin community.
- Was nominated to the Board of Viejos Utiles which helped feed the elderly in Miami.
- Serves on the Board of Directors for City Reach Ministries feeding thousands of families in Dade County.
- Was appointed to the advisory board of the Salvation Army.
- Was given awards by the City of Miami, Miami Dade County, The City of Hialeah and had his own day named after him in the City of Miami, The City of Hialeah and in Dade County.
- Served as the official chiropractor for The Miami Fire Department, The City of Miami, Hyatt, Hilton and Marriott Hotels where he introduced injury prevention courses and dramatically reduced costs and lost work time.
- Served as the Chiropractic Physician for The City of North Miami, Coral Gables, Miami Dade Athletics, FIU athletics, and numerous University of Miami Football players and other athletes.
- Served on the Board of Chiropractic for the Dade County Chiropractic Society.
- Keynote Speaker for Parker Foundation and Chiropractic College for over 20 years.
- Was a Keynote Speaker for the Ontario and California Chiropractic Association.
- Spoke before the Michigan House of Representatives on behalf of the Chiropractic profession.
- Lectured across the United States pertaining to cost containment and chiropractic.
- Was named the first Chiropractor to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Quality Assurance Program.
- Has performed Independent Medical Examinations for many insurance companies and corporations.
- Created the first Chiropractic PPO.
- Served as the Chiropractor for Eastern Airlines.
- Had his own Chiropractic T.V. Show in Spanish for over 20 years.
- Was the Chiropractor who first introduced the Spanish community to Chiropractic Care.
- Participated in article published in the Miami Herald exposing steroid abuse in local high schools.
- Has had several articles written about his results in the Miami Herald.
- Has appeared on 20/20 and CNN and been published all over the United States on steroid abuse which lead to stiffer legal penalties.