Most people think that if they aren’t sick, it means they’re healthy. But that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Lack of disease or illness doesn’t necessarily mean we are healthy. There are many other factors to consider when calling ourselves healthy.
For example, the foods we eat. Eating fast food everyday might not make you feel sick, but it sure isn’t making you healthy either. With all its deep fried and preservatives filled fast food choices, you’re missing out on foods that will make you healthy. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, and other foods are all packed with a variety of healthy fats, vitamins, Omega-3s and other healthy things we need. So eating that Big Mac might not make you feel sick now, but down the road, your body and health could become negatively impacted by it.
Modern society is constantly trying to find ways to improve our lives. New technology that is supposed to make organizing our lives easier or a diet craze that guarantees a 10lbs weight loss in 3 days are just some of those examples. By constantly being on a search to improve our lives or our physical appearances, improving our health is often put on the back burner.
So where does chiropractic care fit into this modern society? How can it affect our lives? And does chiropractic care have a place in our society’s future? Keep reading to learn all of this and more!
Sustaining Your Health
Chiropractic care can benefit your life and your health. But it can’t do it all on its own. A chiropractic adjustment can get you moving and feeling better, but you also have to put in some work to keep yourself healthy. Here are some ways to keep yourself healthy:
- Positive belief system: Law of Attraction says that we attract what we think. So if you have a negative belief system about your health, your health won’t be the greatest. But if you have a positive belief system about your health, your health will stay in a good place and continue to stay in a good place.
- Understand the importance of exercise and movement: Exercising is a must for good health. Chasing your kids around the house doesn’t count as exercise, but it’s a good start to getting yourself moving. If you’re exercising for your health, cardiovascular exercises are what you need to be doing. By getting your blood flowing and your heart pumping, you’re strengthening your heart and improving your overall health. Resistance training is a great way to exercise your whole body and strengthen yourself.
- Breathe correctly: Oxygen is needed to supply and nourish our lungs and every cell within our body. Improper breathing leads to cell and tissue suffocation, which leads to health issues. So make sure you’re breathing properly to keep yourself healthy.
- Drink water: Our bodies are 75% water. The reality is that without water our cells start to die. This means water is a necessity for flushing out toxins from our bodies and maintaining our health. Water also helps give us energy without the caffeine crash that comes from drinking caffeinated drinks.
- Eating the right foods: Eating leafy green vegetables gives us energy and good health. Raw vegetables give us enzymes that are vital to good health. Getting some antioxidants into your system helps combat the effects of free radicals and keep us healthy. So make sure to eat the right foods and cut back on the foods that do nothing good for you, like Big Macs and fried foods.
- Maintain a healthy nervous system: By keeping your nervous system functioning properly and stimulated, your brain is able to properly communicate with the rest of your body. And by having that proper communication within the body, your body will continue to function properly and maintain its good health. The rule here is – use it or lose it!
How Chiropractic Care Helps
Chiropractic treatments work in many ways to treat patients and their ailments. Chiropractic care isn’t just used to treat misaligned spines and reduce pain, but it can be used to treat other issues that the patient is having that might be negatively impacting their lives. So what are some of the many issues chiropractic care can aid in treating?
Chiropractic care focuses on spinal health. Through spinal manipulation, chiropractors are able to relieve vertebrae restrictions. The relief of these restrictions allows the body to be relieved of pain without the use of ibuprofen or other pain medication. This relief in pain goes across the body, making neck pain, hip pain, headaches, and all other pain alleviated. Eliminating the pain you’re feeling allows you to live a happier and improved life.
Improved Immune Health
This might not be a well-known fact, but chiropractic care can help boost your overall immune health. Because chiropractic care helps improve spinal health and the spine is what connects the whole body together, a healthy spine means a healthy central nervous system and immune system. So taking care of the spine creates a domino effect of good health, leading to improved wellness and less illness.
Improved Range of Motion
Due to the stress of everyday life and jobs that have us seated behind a desk for eight hours a day, our bodies are constantly cramping up and in a state of constant pain. The cramping of our joints, the constant pain we’re in, and lack of exercise can limit our range of motion. This limited range of motion makes it hard to do even the simplest tasks, so we take medication to feel better. But medication just masks the issues at hand and some medications have adverse effects that can lead to other issues. With the hands-on approach of chiropractic care, muscle and joint tension will be relieved, allowing your range of motion to improve, giving you back your mobility and your life.
Countless people suffer from some sleep-related issue that causes them to live in a constant state of tiredness. Many of these sleep-related issues are caused by body aches and pains, stress, and other factors. If your spine is slightly misaligned, it can make a comfortable night’s sleep impossible to find. With a chiropractic manipulation that properly aligns your spine back into place, you can an improved nights sleep in just one session!
Stress doesn’t just impact our mental health, but our physical health as well. When we become stressed, our bodies begin to tense up and make it harder to do everyday activities. Even just going for a drive can be a painful experience. And when we feel physically stressed and unwell, it impacts our mental health as well, making it harder for us to relax. Chiropractic treatment helps release muscle tension and improve blood circulation, which helps the body return to a relaxed state. Once your body is more relaxed, your mind will relax as well, and your stress levels greatly reduced. A chiropractor might also suggest additional methods to help reduce your stress.
If you are in need of an excellent chiropractor to cover all your chiropractic needs, then look no farther than the team at Silverman Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center. This highly skilled team of expert chiropractors can help improve your health and life in just a few sessions. So call the team at Silverman Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center today for all your chiropractic needs!