One of the most frequent pain, which can occur at any age, and for a variety of causes is neck pain. Neck pain, which can vary in intensity, can be caused by a myriad of causes, from poor posture to trauma or serious illness. Neck pain can occur along with other symptoms, including headache, muscle stiffness, trouble moving the head freely, and worsening pain when the head is held in the same position for long periods.
Main causes of neck pain
Mild to severe neck pain can have a number of causes, including the following:
- Muscle tension – holding the head in one position for long periods of time, whether while working on a computer, reading a book, or in other ways, causes the neck muscles to become overloaded and tense, leading to pain in the neck. neck of variable intensity.
- Joint wear – over the years, the cartilage that is located in the interspaces of the vertebrae tends to wear out, which affects the movement of the joint, leading to pain.
- Nerve compression – Sometimes the nerves that extend from the spinal cord are compressed by herniated discs, causing pain in the neck
- Trauma – injuries of various kinds, from those caused by a lug to those caused by vehicular accidents, can cause cervical hyperextension, which causes an injury or excessive stretching of the neck muscles, causing pain.
- Illness – There are some illnesses like cancer, meningitis, arthritis, and others that cause neck pain.
Neck pain treatment
The type of treatment required for neck pain depends largely on the condition that causes it. Among the different treatment options that we can find are the following:
- Electrical stimulation of the nerves
- Steroid injections
- Application of heat, ice and other localized measures
Studies in Florida have shown that neck pain is one of the most common problems in various strata of the population. The specialist physicians at Silverman Accident Clinic ™ have over 35 years of experience treating neck pain in Florida including Miami, Homestead, Kendall, Miramar and nearby areas. That is why they have become the most popular option to control this condition.
The doctors at Silverman Accident Clinic ™ in Florida including Miami, Homestead, Kendall, Miramar and nearby areas will help you discover the cause of your neck pain in an efficient and effective way, determining an appropriate treatment that will help prevent and cure your pain. When you visit the Silverman Chiropractic • Silverman Accident Clinic ™ you will find a soothing, serene, friendly environment ready to help you eradicate your neck pain before it becomes disabling. Additionally, we have staff who speak Spanish, for your comfort, which helps determine the cause of your neck pain treatment in a more efficient way for you. Do not hesitate any more,